I loved, loved, loved this recipe. I was going to hang at the lil’ sis’s house and she was hun-ggggrrrrr-y. As soon as I walked in the door Kelley was like, “What are ya making? Let’s eat now.” Lucky for her this came together in no time.
Well not no time — but very little time at least. The part that took the longest was cutting the veggies. This took like 7 minutes but Kelley was distracting me with stories and the kids were doing some screaming/laughing in the background so I wasn’t all ninja-veggie-cutting focused like I could’ve been. With ninja focus, it would’ve only taken 3 minutes.
I used 2 zucchinis, 1 yellow squash, and 3/4 lb of green beans (you could make this even faster by buying bagged and prepped green beans).
Then I heated olive oil in a sauté pan and added frozen chopped onion. Once the onion had melted and turned translucent I added one package of sliced cajun chicken sausages and cooked for another 3 minutes. I added the chopped veggies and 1/2 cup of chicken broth. This is the part where you’re supposed to cover the pan. Preferably you’ll have one that matches the size of your sauté dish. I didn’t.
Close enough. I let it simmer for 15 minutes and then mixed in 3 tbsp. of sour cream, a handful of chopped basil, and 6 oz of crumbled feta cheese. Topped it off with salt and pepper to taste and the famished Kelley sat down to a big bowl, then asked “I can eat as much of this as I want?”
My answer? Yep. That’s how it works here on the BRD plan. When you follow the guidelines you get to eat until you’re full and you’ll still lose fat. Total brilliance.
I love this food-photo bomb by my niece, Lennon. Cutest ever!
This post is a part of a challenge I’m doing with a couple gal pal food blogger geniuses; Misha over at Fab Bites and Silvia at Chef Silvia. The challenge was to do an entire food post with iPhone only photos (not hard for me since I already dooz it like that anyway).
Misha and Silvia, linkup your posts below in the comments so other peeps can see your iPhone food photos too.
Misha’s out to share a revolutionary idea: That DSLR cameras aren’t the only ones that take yummy photos. You be the judge. Does this dish look yummerific to you?
As far as real time eating goes, Kelley gave this 4 M’s for Yu-MMMM-y. I gave it the same. Almost a full 5 M‘s but you know we gotta save that final M for the really legendary dishes that come through the kitchen, this one wasn’t quite there.
Happy eating this week and don’t forget to leave a comment below rating the pics in this post. xoxo, LVA-
- 2 medium zucchinis
- 1 yellow squash
- ¾ lb. green beans, trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- ¾ cup of chopped onion
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1-10 oz. package of frozen corn
- 1 package of Adielle's cajun chicken sausages, sliced into .5 inch pieces
- ½ cup of chicken broth
- ¼ cup of chopped fresh basil
- 3 tbsp. sour cream
- 6 oz. crumbled feta cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Start by chopping all of your vegetables.
- Heat 1 tbsp vegetable oil in a large skillet. Add the onion and cook for about 4 minutes..
- When the onion begins to soften, stir in your zucchini and squash.
- Cook for another 4 minutes.
- Stir in the corn and green beans and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Empty the skillet into a serving bowl..
- Add the sausage to the skillet and stir-fry for about one minute. Empty the skillet into the serving bowl with the veggie mixture, sour cream,
- Stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper as needed.
- Serve with crumbled Feta cheese on top.