Okay. You’re gonna ask, “Does this slaw go with everything”?
Yes. Yes it does. As the name would imply.
Here’s a list of how I’ve enjoyed it so far:
- With grilled chicken
- With fish tacos wrapped in lettuce leaf
- With pulled pork
- With sliced steak as a salad
- With avocado & tomato on Fain’a
- With grilled shrimp and Queso Fresco cheese
- With rotisserie chicken and feta cheese
- With a cheeseburger sans bun
- With nothing, on its own.
While this is an impressive list, here’s the most important thing you need to know: this slaw is AMAZING.
Look at that! This slaw is going to bust through any preconceived notions you may have about healthy food. I’ve been in this business a long time, so I’ve heard them all: healthy food is dry. It lacks flavor. It’s boring. It’s too complicated to make.
Oh, but you know, if you’ve been reading a while: that’s not what we do here at BRD. Not at all.
This slaw is juicy. And has amazing tangy, zesty flavor. And exciting, pretty colors. And of course, it takes no time to put together. Because that’s what BRD is all about.
And of course, this slaw is the dreaded H-word: healthy. So you can add as much of it as you want to your plate, without adding anything to your hips. If that’s not a good enough reason to love this recipe, I don’t know what is.
I give it a YU-MMMMM-Y! 5 M‘s because it really does go with everything, and you can make it really fast and add it to every meal you eat all week long. It stays crunchy and crisp in the fridge, which can’t be said for most salads. Bonus!
Enjoy your healthy food!
P.S. If you’re on Instagram take a pic and use #brdlifestyle so we can see how you’re slawing it up!
- 1 head of cabbage, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- ¼ cup of cilantro, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp. white sesame seeds
- 1 tsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. golden balsamic vinegar (or apple cider vinegar)
- 2 tbsp. toasted sesame oil
- ¼ cup of grape seed or avocado oil
- Juice of one lime
- 1tsp. of grated lime zest
- salt & pepper to taste
- Dice the vegetables and herbs (cabbage, red bell pepper, yellow pepper, cilantro) and place in a bowl.
- In a smaller bowl combine garlic cloves, white sesame seeds,rice wind vinegar, golden balsamic vinegar, toasted sesame oil, grape seed or avocado oil, juice of one lime and grated lime zest then whisk together until mixed.
- Add dressing to the vegetable mixture and combine thoroughly.
- Season with salt & pepper